Using ATTOM API
ATTOM API V4 is coming soon. All ATTOM API customers will need to upgrade to the V4 version of all API endpoints by June 30, 2023
For more details, see - ATTOM API V4
ATTOM has developed a REST API that sits on top of ATTOM Cloud, providing an alternative way of accessing its comprehensive portfolio of property data.
Endpoint Naming Standards
For a complete list of API endpoints available via ATTOM API, please consult our online API Developer Guide.
ATTOM API Endpoints
Because ATTOM API has now been built on top of ATTOM Cloud, all new ATTOM API endpoints will follow a new naming standard consistent with the taxonomy used for ATTOM Cloud data.
- https://api.gateway.attomdata.com - base URL used to access all ATTOM API endpoints
- v4 - version number for the endpoint used to provide backward compatibility each time an endpoint is extended or enhanced.
- neighborhood - One of seven data families to which the endpoint belongs (boundary, hazard, listing, neighborhood, property, transaction, valuation)
- community - Data element to which the endpoint belongs
ATTOM has developed and acquired a number of REST endpoints that don't fully comply with the above naming standards. These existing endpoints will continue to be supported by ATTOM to ensure existing programs continue to operate without change.
- https://api.gateway.attomdata.com - the same base URL used to access all ATTOM API endpoints
- propertyapi - Original APIs were broken into four APIs - propertyapi, areaapi, poisearch, communityapi
- v1.0.0 - version number for the endpoint used to provide backward compatibility each time an endpoint is extended or enhanced
- property/id - Name of the endpoint
Calls to the ATTOM API will only return results if a valid token has been passed in the header of the request as a header parameter apikey. Each ATTOM Cloud account provides a token that can be used for 30 days to evaluate the API. Details for the token are provided in the Direct Integration section of your ATTOM Cloud account.
The example below shows the use of Postman to test the ATTOM API, with the security token above added to the header as apikey
Contact sales (800) 659-2877 if you need to extend your trial key, or need information about pricing.
Query String Parameters
Being a REST API, query string parameters can be provided to direct the endpoint as to what data it should be returned.
For a full list of the parameters used by each endpoint please consult our online API Developer Guide.
The range of property data offered via ATTOM Cloud and the ATTOM API is comprehensive. To identify which endpoints can be used to access specific property data we suggest making use of the Data Dictionary included as part of our online API Developer Guide.